Adding distinctive elements to your landscape and hardscape design is a key part of transforming your yard into your personal idea of paradise. Among the many possibilities, yard fountains, garden fountains, waterfalls, and similar outdoor water features are a great investment—for yourself, your family, and your home value. If you’re debating whether to add one, take a quick look at just some of the benefits of outdoor fountains and water features below.
Why Install a Yard Fountain or Other Water Feature?
- It’s a desirable yard enhancement that boosts curb appeal and increases the value of your home, whether you add it to the front or the back yard.
- The gentle sound of running water is highly therapeutic and great for reducing stress and anxiety.
- Just like bird feeders and birdbaths, water features attract birds to your yard to liven it up with more fluttering, color, and song.
- The sound of a water feature can mask less desirable sounds you may hear in your yard, like street noise or sounds making their way over from the neighbor’s place.
- One of the best benefits of outdoor fountains and water features is that they’re incredibly relaxing to look at and listen to.
- Your yard becomes more of the tranquil escape you want it to be.
- You’ll feel closer to nature and further from the hectic modern world.
- These are outdoor enhancements of great beauty that can be appreciated by anybody.
- Fountains and other water features come in countless shapes, sizes, styles, and colors to perfectly complement any yard environment and personal taste.
- Their diversity also means you can successfully fit them into any yard size, layout, or design.
- They add more ambiance to your outdoor entertainment space.
- Unlike birdbaths and other stagnant water, outdoor fountains and other enhancements with flowing water won’t attract mosquitoes or serve as their breeding ground.
- Your dogs or outdoor cats will love drinking from a water feature in your yard—and it’ll help keep them cool and prevent dehydration.
- If you’re into feng shui, fountains and flowing water help restore balance and positive vibes in any indoor or outdoor environment (“shui” even means “water” in Chinese, and “feng” means “wind”).
- It’ll make everyone else just a little more jealous of your yard!