Poolside cabanas are a highly coveted amenity at the finest hotels and resorts—so much so that you typically have to reserve them and/or pay extra to enjoy them. They’re a true mark of leisure and luxury, and there are plenty of benefits of a backyard cabana at your home.
If you’ve been debating the addition of a cabana near your pool, or have just been trying to figure out which yard enhancement you’d like to install next, consider all these benefits of a backyard cabana.
Why Install a Backyard Cabana?
- There are so many different styles of cabana, everybody can have one that perfectly suits their taste and the larger environment of their home exterior.
- This elegant yard feature makes your outdoor space feel more like your own private resort.
- Cabanas create a shaded spot to relax outside, increasing your comfort in hot weather and reducing the risk of sun damage and even skin cancer.
- If you choose a cabana with walls or curtains, it also provides shelter from the wind.
- Create enhanced privacy in your back yard.
- Have your own backyard sanctuary for total escape and de-stressing.
- Add some outdoor lighting, and you have a cozy, romantic nighttime escape in your back yard.
- These structures can provide extra storage space outside, especially for items you’d like on hand near the pool.
- Protect your outdoor furniture from the elements; they take a toll over time, even on furniture specifically designed to be outside.
- It extends your outdoor entertaining space and makes it more practical in a variety of situations.
- Add a TV, a mini fridge, or other appliances and amenities to create an outdoor entertainment space for yourself and your family.
- Use it for fitness equipment if you swim for exercise and want more outdoor workout options.
- A backyard cabana greatly increases buyer appeal and raises home value, should you decide to sell your home.
- Locate the cabana to obstruct an unsightly view, such as one of an old shed, an air conditioning unit, or something in your neighbor’s yard.
- It makes your back yard the envy of all your friends, family, and neighbors!